Science classes at Drake cover a wide range of topics to meetthe varied interests of the students. In order to graduate, a student must completeIntegrated Science 1/2 and Integrated Science 3/4.
Science Department Faculty:
- Earth Sciences
- Enviromental Sciences
- Life Sciences
- UC Museum of Paleontology; Online exhibits
- National Institutes of Health; A government agency whose goal is to "acquire new knowledge to help prevent, detect, diagnose, and treat disease and disability, from the rarest genetic disorder to the common cold"
- Circulatory System; Learn how your heart pumps blood to every cell in your body
- Nervous System Diseases; Many links to specific diseases
- Diseases, Disorders & Related Topics; Find information on over 100 different diseases
- Cells Alive!; Lots of information about bacteria, viruses, and the anatomy of a cell
- Virtual Frog Dissection; Almost as much fun as a real disection
- Microbe Zoo; Learn about different types of microbes, such as the anaerobic toluene degrader
- Body Systems; Learn about the different systems that make our bodies run
- Wolf Homepage; Learn about this organization which strives for the survival of wolves, and see lots of cute pictures
- Red List of Threatened Animals; This list has all of the endangered or threatened species
- Centers for Disease Control; Learn about this organization which prevents and controls diseases
- The Biology Place; They have quizes and tutorials for all kinds of biology topics, as well as links to other pages.
- Biology Web Links; Many links here
- Honolulu Community College Dinosaur Exhibit; Pictures of fake dinosaurs, and information about them
- The Tree of Life Home Page; It has information about phylogenetic relationships between organisms
- NCHS Home; It is the National Center for Health Statistics, so you can find all kinds of new facts
- Frank Potter's Science Gems - Life Science I; Learn interesting information about Life Science
- Bio I.Q.; Can you answer the question of the month?