|Welcome and Overview
Welcome to Drake's College & Career Center!
I am passionate about working with high school students and helping them navigate their post-secondary planning. I have a long history with Drake, one that started years before I began working here. Feel free to learn more by reading my Bio.
In the College & Career Center, students can find current material on hundreds of colleges, gap year programs, and summer opportunities. Additionally, students can access computers to search for information on careers, colleges, scholarships, as well as find community service and job opportunity postings.
For information regarding internships, please see Greg Davison in the College & Career Center. He is at Drake on Wednesdays and can be reached any day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My hope is that students leave Drake well-prepared and excited to embark on their next journey, no matter where they land. It is also my hope that students embrace the process with confidence and curiosity and enjoy this time rather than succumbing to the pressures that often goes with the college application process. There are thousands of colleges and universities out there, as well as career options and gap year programs to consider. Keep in mind - what might be good for your best friend may not be what's best for you so keep your interests and wishes alive and strong!
Trust your instincts and take the initiative to ask questions so that you can learn about all of your options. I look forward to hearing about your plans and helping in any way I can.
Lisa Neumaier, College & Career Specialist
Seniors - Check It Out
- Finish strong and maintain the same grades you had when you applied to your colleges. Most colleges provide provisions/conditions of the admission offer; failure to meet these make the offer subject to cancellation.
- Remember to complete the Senior Survey on Naviance through your social studies class and see me if you were absent when your class met with me.
- There are some 4-year colleges/universities that are still accepting applications (as of 5/15/17) - see Lisa Neumaier for more information.
- Here are some important next steps for students who have been admitted to a UC campus.
- UC campuses will use waitlists to manage enrollment. Click here for more information: Waitlist FAQs
- If you plan to attend a community college next fall, you should begin the enrollment steps now in order to get priority registration.
- If you missed Senior Night on September 15, 2016, click here for the Power Point presentation.
- If you missed Financial Aid Night on September 22, 2016, click here for the presentation and talking points.
College & Career Center:
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
Room: 211 (next door to Counseling)
Drake's School Code for Testing (aka CEEB code): 052770
More than 100 College Reps visit Drake each fall to talk to students about their schools so please attend as many as you can. The information and advice reps provide is priceless!!
Although most visits occur before school, during Tutorial or at lunch, some occur during class time. Students are required to sign up on Naviance for visits requiring a pass (during class time or Tutorial) and should use the email from their counselor as their pass.
Click here to log in to Naviance. Once logged in, click on the colleges tab then click on the view all upcoming college visits link.
A list of active scholarships is available on Naviance and updated regularly. The majority of scholarships are for seniors and deadlines vary, but there are also some for younger students.