Racial equity for students in Marin will be achieved when race and ethnicity no longer predict the outcome of a young person's educational future. As a Marin Promise Partner, our organization commits to identify and dismantle racial inequities, and to provide equity-based supports, so that our most vulnarable children can achieve their full potential.
-Adopted by the Leadership Council of Marin Promise Partnership April 2019
Confidential Racial Equity Form - to report incidents of racial abuse
Confronting Online Antisemitism webinar September 30, 2020
Confronting Antisemitism Workshop Series October 2020 - fliers Eng/Spn
Equity Vision and Non-negotiables (developed 2017)
Staff, students and families will report feeling a part of a trusting, inclusive community that values multiple perspectives. This learning community will eliminate the predictability of student access and outcomes based on race or socioeconomic status.
We believe that...
- The success of all students is our individual and collective responsibility
- Instructional practices can mitigate the impact of any external factors on achievement
- Equity is a personal and professional journey
- All people can grow and learn
- Racism is endemic in our society and our systems and it is our responsibility to be actively anti-racist
In light of our beliefs, we will...
- Hold high expectations for all staff, students and families
- Disrupt and eliminate racist policies and practices
- Build trusting relationships among all stakeholders through engagement, honesty and learning other perspectives
- Use data to measure our progress and inform our practices on eliminating our opportunity gaps
- Continuously develop our collective capacity around equity and anti-racist leadership
- Provide culturally-relevant curriculum and engage in culturally-responsive practices
- Develop the cultural proficiency of all stakeholders