Substitute Lesson Plans
1st and 6th periods Essay/Exposition classes.
- Ask them to sit in groups of 3 or 4.
- Their homework was to answer the following questions
- - List your Personal Qualities.
- - What is your most important possession?
- - List two annoyances.
- - Describe a time you used humor to defuse an escalating situation.
- - List your three biggest mistakes.
- - Give your most important piece of advice.
- - What do you carry with you every day
- - What is your biggest influence?
- From their answers, have small group members narrow it down to three of their more interesting answers for each person.
- For the rest of the time they will begin a personal essay using those three elements around which to form their essay.
- 1-2 pages typed (Times New Roman size 12 font - 1in margins, double-spaced). THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT.
- This essay will be due the next time we meet (Wed for 1st period, Thurs for 6th period).
3rd, 4th, and 7th periods English 3-4 classes.
- Collect their homework from the previous day (Group information, Community organizations, and 5 interview questions for each organization)
- Hand out QUIZ #3 - 1984, Book Two and have them take the quiz in silence. Any talking should not be tolerated - be sure to threaten taking their quizzes away for a ZERO if they are talking.
- Once all have finished their quiz, show the movie Brazil - You’ll need their help to see where they are in the film - all classes are at about chapter 17 or 18.