Taking Courses Outside of Archie Williams
If you choose to make-up a D or F grade or take a class for original credit outside of our district, you must follow these directions:
- The course must be taken from an accredited institution that issues an official transcript for credit and grade earned.
- If the course you are repeating is necessary for college entrance requirements you need also to make sure that the course is UC approved.
- Go to the UC A-G Course List Search and enter the name of the school you are thinking about taking your course from. Next, confirm the class you intend to enroll in is listed.
- If the course is a graduation requirement (not a World Language or elective class), you will need prior approval by the principal. Please fill out the Request for Alternative Credits towards Graduation form before enrolling in the course.
We are unable to recommend any particular programs/private schools for remediation or other purposes. For your convenience, below is a list of schools/institutions that other students have used in the past. This list is for information only and does not imply AWHS's endorsement.
- Accelerate Education
- BYU Online Courses
- College of Marin
- FLVS Global
- Fusion Academy
- LanguageBird, LLC - Spanish Only
- Laurel Springs School
- National University Virtual High School
- Silicon Valley High School
- Tilden Preparatory School