Dear Senior Families,
Senior year is a busy one filled with a lot of events and information to process for both parents and students. Please find below an overview of what you can expect.
We will keep the Senior Web Page (in the ‘student’ section of drakehs.org) up-to-date so please check often and always let us know if your email address changes.
- Senior Portraits: Photo selections were due on November 8th. If you have questions, please call Sabrina Woods at 800-759-1234.
- Senior Quotes: If you would like a quote under your portrait in the yearbook, please email the quote with your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st.
- Parent Ads: If you would like to design and purchase an ad for your student in the yearbook, ads are due by March 1st. Click here for more information.
This year’s prom will be held on April 27th at San Francisco City Hall. Tickets will be available for purchase at the Drake Student Store in March.
END OF YEAR EVENTS
- Senior Awards Night will take place on May 30th at 6:45 PM in the Drake Gym. Students who are being awarded will receive an email invitation by May 18th. This event is free and all family members and friends are welcome to attend.
- Last Chapter Dinner will take place on June 7th at 6:30 PM in the Drake Gym. Tickets for this very special evening for graduates and their parents or guardians only will be available for purchase at the Drake Student Store in April.
- Senior Trip or Senior Picnic is organized by the Associated Student Body (ASB) and is to be determined.
Graduation will be held on June 14th at 4:00 PM on the Drake Baseball Field. The ceremony lasts about an hour. We do not sell or provide tickets to the graduation ceremony. We have enough seating for 10 guests per graduate, plus plenty of standing room behind the chairs. Wheelchair seating is also available if needed.
- Graduation Invitations & Announcements: These are not provided by the school. Go to Josten’s or any other such company should you want more information on what is available.
- Caps & Gowns: Caps and gowns are provided to all graduates at no cost to families. We will send a link for you to request yours in January.
- Mandatory Graduation Practices: Meet in Small Gym
- June 12th - 1:45 PM - 3:30 PM
- June 13th - 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Leis: The Drake Fund provides leis for all graduates. They are handed out to seniors as they line up for the ceremony.
- Graduation Reception: The Drake Fund organizes a reception for all graduates and their families immediately following the graduation ceremony in the Student Center.
SAFE & SOBER GRAD NIGHT
Every year the Drake Fund, along with parents of students from every grade organize a drug- and alcohol-free, all-night party for seniors on the night they graduate. Called the Safe & Sober Grad Night, it ensures that seniors can celebrate their achievements in a safe environment chock full of entertainment and fun ways to have a good time. This year’s event will be held at the Osher Marin JCC from 9:00 PM to 3:30 AM on Friday, June 14th. Click here for more information on tickets, required paperwork and more.
In addition to celebration and reflection, senior year also brings additional financial obligations. As we solidify and confirm events, we will communicate exact costs as far in advance as possible so that you can plan accordingly.
Please know that no student or family will be left out of any celebration or event for financial reasons. Financial aid is available for all events. Please contact us should you wish to discuss the possibilities.
We are here to help! Look out for more information over the next several months and please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Jolie Jacobs Mary Chapman
Administrative Assistant, Principal’s Office Assistant Principals’ Secretary