All students that apply through the Common Application or apply to any other school requiring a counselor report or letter of recommendation must complete the LOR packet below.
CLASS OF 2020:
The deadline for turning in the Tamiscal Letter of Recommendation form for an applicant applying early is Friday, September 27th. The deadline to turn in Tamiscal Letter of Recommendation form and for regular admission is Friday, October 25th
- Please complete the Letter of Rec (LOR) packet and write legibly or complete online. Spend time answering the questions as your responses will reflect in the quality of the letter written on your behalf.
- Once you submit your LOR packet, Grace Aviles will contact to set-up your LOR meeting. This meeting will take approximately 45 minutes and you should bring the completed packet to the meeting.
- Be sure you complete steps 1 & 2 BEFORE the deadlines.
- If using the Common Application, (commonapp.org) once you have completed all of your personal information and your senior year schedule, find the place on the application to “Invite Your Counselor” and complete the counselor information with the info in the box below. We highly recommend that you check the box that waives your right to see our information.
- For the schools not on the Common Application, use their ONLINE application process.
Please do the following AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:
- Ask a teacher to write you a Letter of Recommendation. Some schools require two letters. It is your responsibility to find out the application procedure for each school you are applying to. Work out a system with the teacher(s) yourself. We cannot be involved with their process or procedures. teachers may have their own deadlines.
- Contact the College Board (collegeboard.com) and/or ACT (www.act.org) to have your scores sent directly to each college you apply to.
- Arrange for a separate email address for college application purposes only. CHECK IT DAILY.