> Please Keep scrolling below to see all of the Back-to-School Information and forms <
Dear Pirate Community;
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! This is your Back-to-School informational email. Please visit our website often to get the most up to date information available.
All “Back-to-School” information can be found at: http://www.tamdistrict.org/drake click on Parents and then Back to School Information.
There are many links on that page of useful information and also forms that must be turned in on the first day of school. If you need a hard copy of the Back to School information you may pick one up in the Main Office or the Counseling Office.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
9th grade School Pictures will be
taken on first day of school.
MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS!
Freshmen report to the gym at 8:00 a.m. with their back-to- school paperwork.10th through 12th graders report to their Advisory/Crew at 8:30. Students shall return required paperwork to their Crew teacher.
A few notes about the start of school:
- Drake Day One: At Drake, our first day of school is an important and special event. All students will participate in this amazing culture building day where we have students explore important current topics, engage in a motivational speaker and have a school-wide BBQ! Please have your student bring all forms to school this day, as they will be collected in their Crews (advisory) first thing in the morning. No school supplies are necessary and students can bring a snack with them. Lunch period will begin at 11:20am.
- Drake 101- Freshmen and “New to Drake” parent information night: Parents who are new to Drake are invited to join us on Monday August 19th at 6:30pm in our student center for an informational evening. We are focusing on the people and topics that you need to know to be a part of our Pirate community.
- The ASB Activity Card: Being an active Pirate is important for a student’s success. Purchasing an ASB activity Card provides students with an activities pass to attend dances, our athletic events and other events at a reduced rate. This package supports our Associated Student Body (ASB) program and your purchase is MUCH appreciated by our ASB Leadership students! For sale on our student store.
- Freshman Orientation: Freshmen will be welcomed on the first day of school by our DRAKE ASB Leaders in the gym at 8:00 a.m. We will get to know each other better, and get a campus tour. Freshmen will also have their school pictures taken on the first day.
- Attendance Procedures: (Included in Back-to-School Information) Please review with your student as attendance is an important factor of academic success. To report an absence, the direct number to the attendance office is 415-458-3418.
- Student Lockers: All 9th and 10th graders will be assigned a locker. The locker number will appear on their class schedule. All 11th and 12th graders can request a locker on Day One. We ask all students to bring their own padlock for their locker. The school will provide one on Day One if needed.
- Student Planners: All 9th graders will receive their planner on Day One. 10th-12th may pick up a planner on Day One during rotations while supplies last.
- Day One T-Shirts: All 9th graders will receive a spirited t-shirt on Day One. 10th -12th graders may pick one up during rotations while supplies last.
- Get involved with the Drake Fund. Check out our website to learn more about what we do and how to get involved.
- BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT: August 29th at 6:30 in the gym, immediately following Counselor’s Frosh Night for parents of 9th graders at 5:15 in the Student Center.
- Drake Direct: Our community newsletter, the Drake Direct, will be emailed soon. Please read for more in-depth information about DHS!
Welcome back and D-Nice * Say-High to be a true Drake Pirate!1) Required to print, complete, and return on Day One (August 21):Annual Parental Notice Signature Page - must be returned on Day One to student's Crew teacher or Crew leader (9th graders)Meyers-Stevens-Toohey Insurance Enrollment Forms - English - student accident insuranceDistrict Form: Authorization to Administer Medicine -- these must be on file (with all signatures) for any student to receive acetaminophen or any medication at school -- please read carefully2019 Welcome to Online Student Information Update for TUHSD families - All returning students' online information must be confirmed/updated through parent's Home Access (not incoming 9th graders) request was emailed home from the district office on 8/6/19
2) Parents/Guardians, we need your help!4) Student Nutrition Forms/ The Drake Canteen:Snacks and lunches are available in the Drake Canteen before school, at break, and during lunch.Please see our district Student Nutrition Information on this site to find out how to apply for free/reduced lunch and/or set up a pre-paid account for your student. Disponible en inglés y español.On-line Pre-Payment system for meals at the Drake Cafeteria - You can pre-pay for meals for your student. They use their student ID number to purchase.5) Very important information for everyone:Picture Order information - This is a pricing sheet for your information - order forms are online at the link provided. 9th grade school pictures will be taken on Day One. 10th and 11th grades will be taken on Monday, 8/26 (details coming) 12th graders have already arranged their senior picture.Drake High School Calendar 2019-20 - annual academic calendar with all holidays, minimum days, etcDrake Bell Schedule - listing of the bell schedules for every day of the weekDrake Wellness - Familiarize yourself with our Wellness programAttendance Procedures - please review with your studentRemix Program - Information for any student enrolled in Algebra 1Drake Jolly Roger - information on supporting our student magazineDLC Information - Drake Leadership Council: information on becoming a part of Drake's site council (students and parents)Drake Fund - Information - What is the Drake Fund? and how you can get involvedDistrict Internet Letter to Families - how the internet is used and filtered in our districtTHANK YOU! GO PIRATES!