Core 3-4 Home Page
10/23-10/24 Block days
Titanic Float Day
You are doing your titanic float assessment on our next block day (10/23 and 10/24). You will be jumping into the pool with a piece of clothing that you will have to turn into a flotation device.
1. Make sure you read this whole document and follow the links
2. Bring a piece of clothing to wear over your bathing suit when you get in the water
3. It would probably be a good idea to bring a secondary piece of clothing in case you struggle with the first one.
WHAT TO USE:
· Pants- Thick jeans, hiking pants, cargo pants, etc. typically work the best and are the easiest. The first link below shows how to use your pants and talks about the 3 ways you can blow them up. Make sure the pants do not have any holes.
Other types of clothing work too, but can sometimes be harder to use.
· Jacket- Water-resistant, water repellant, or water-proof work best. Wind-breakers typically work well. Try to choose a jacket with little or no insulation or filling as it will get wet and only help to weigh you down.
· Rash guard- These usually work really well as long as it has the right type of neck opening. You want a normal, round opening…not something like a v-neck
· Anything else- Technically, you can make this work with most items of clothing as long as it doesn’t have holes in areas that need to hold air. T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweats can all be used in a pinch but they are very inefficient and will cause you to have to do a lot more work.
WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNTSoKg6xHM&list=PLQuxdMZFa510MM8c5BbuPLgNG-7WovIkR&index=2