2nd and 4th Period Advanced Algebra
Check website each day when the class usually meets.
I will post details on what I will need you to do each day. Have it done for the next day the class would
normally meet. I will have you submit your work to me along the way via Google Classroom.
IMPORTANT: for each assignment Have a Label
L67 (whichever lesson number it is) CW or HW Pages and Problems or a Description; Your Name and Period
L67 CW Notes Formulas for a Sequence Chloe Krashanoff 1st
If I ask you to submit an assignment, please have the title, take a photo, (attach to a google doc if needed)
and submit it through Google Classroom. If you are having trouble submitting work email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Algebra Spring Semester 2020 Current Unit on top
3/13/20 L67 Sequences
Turn in what you did to Google Classroom. see description above
email me if you are having a problem
What about our unit test on Rationals? I am not sure yet.
3/16/20 L68 Sequences
Please turn in L67 video notes from Friday to Google Classroom. Be sure to hit the submit button.
After watching the video and taking notes (see Friday) complete the assignment handout 1-27 starting where it says practice. Packet link You may do the work on the handout (if you can print out) or in your composition notebook. Check the solutions for hints or to be sure you did the problems correctly. correct your work.
This assn will be due on Wednesday.
3/18/20 L69 A Closer Look at Arithmetic Sequences and Geometric Sequences.
1) Please turn in L68 packet 1-27 to Google Classroom. Be sure to hit the submit button. Thank you. Video Link to help with submitting photos of your work.
2) You will do problems in the textbook. If the directions refer to an example problem look over that example quickly or if needed study it and then do the problems related to that example. Move on from there. Check your work as you go along.
3/20/20 L70 Arithmetic Series
1) Good Morning Advanced Algebra Students. Thank you for attending today's lesson. Please turn in your work from L69 to Google Classroom by 1pm.
2) Next title your paper and then Watch this video and take notes. Record the formulas in a box.
3) Open up this handout of problems and complete them in your composition notebook. Show as much work as is done in the video lesson. If you are struggling you can get hints in the key. Another option is to watch more video instruction on Khan Academy.
4) Grade and correct your paper. Mark a C or star for correct. Revise the problems that you missed. key
3/23/20 L71 Sigma Notation
1) Take photos of your work from L70 Arithmetic Series and turn in to Google Classroom.
2) Watch the video about Sigma Notation which is used when adding up the terms of a sequence (a series).
3) You also need to write a series in Sigma Notation watch how to do this
4) Complete the odd problems in the worksheet. Checking your answers as you go along on last page(s) of worksheet.
3/25 L72 Finite Geometric Series
1) Take photos of your work from L71 Sigma Notation or put them into a google doc or scan them and make a pdf and turn in to Google Classroom.
2) Put a title on your paper for this lesson (composition notebook is fine).
3) What is a geometric series? What is a formula to find the partial sum? Where does it come from? Watch this video (click on it) record formulas and take notes.
4) Go to your textbook (You can also open the Big Ideas Link at the top of this unit calendar) and read P. 428 middle of page through example 5.
As you use your calc be careful you will need ( ) to group num. and den.
or work num and press = then /
(1-r)= then *a=
5) Do Big Ideas P. 430 47-54, 59, 60, 65 checking your work along the way with the link at the top of this unit lesson calendar.
6) Next, do problems related to arithmetic series using your formulas from L70 (also P. 420). Do P. 423 47-55 odds checking your work along the way with the link at the top of this unit lesson calendar. Try to have this work done by Thursday before you go to sleep.
3/27 L73 Infinite Geometric Series
1) Please take photos of your work from L72 Finite Geometric Series and turn in to Google Classroom. email me if you are having difficulties with submitting work or want a tutorial.
2) Title your paper.
3) What is an infinite geometric series?
How can we tell when an infinite geometric series converges or diverges? How do we find the sum if it exists?
Watch this video (click on it) and take notes. Don't worry about the "slide" that has limits but just watch that slide you will do limits next year.
4) Go to Big Ideas Textbook Lesson 8.4 P. 436 and find and read example 2 (link at top of the calendar).
5) Do P. 439 7-14; P. 414 1-27 odds, 31, 35, 36, 38 check your work with the link above.
3/30 L74 CH 8.5 Recursive Rules for Sequences
1) Turn in your video notes and your textbook work from the previous lesson to Google Classroom by 1pm today.
2) Please title your paper and then watch this video lesson (surprise) and take notes.
3) Do P. 447 1-4, 7, 11-19odd, 20, 29, 31, 33, 34, 38, 41, 43, 49, 50
4) Please email me if you need help with the math. I am here to help.
4/1 L75 Review and Preparing for Unit Test
1) Good news most of you figured out how to sign up in Khan Academy. I gave you 4 assignments. If you did not yet "join the class" then
Check your tam district email the one that has .student in it and accept the invitation to sign up for our class in Khan Academy.
example: This type of email
You will do your review here and you will also take your test here so you must do this.
P2 Adv Alg 2020 or P4 Adv Alg 2020
2) Print out or have open or copy into your notebook this formula page.
3) Go to your Khan Academy class with the student email (this type)
and the review is to complete the quiz 1, quiz 2, quiz 3, and quiz 4. You do not have to do any other practice problems or watch the videos, but you are welcome to do what you need. Please use the
Please email me if you have trouble getting into the quizzes. ...
4/3 L76 Test on Sequences and Series
1) Before starting your test Be sure to turn in Monday's assn to Google Classroom if you did not already.
2) Print out or have open this formula page.
3) If you have not done so already please see Wed class.
4) I will assign the test at 8:00 am Friday. Your Test is the Unit Test Assignment in Khan Academy - Sequences and Series.
Please email me if you have trouble getting into the test...
Please take your test today, but if that is not possible you can take it over the spring break, but please no later than that.
2/24/20 L59 Lesson CH 7.2 Understanding the graph of f(x)= 1/x and then transformation graphing with the Parent Function y=1/x
notes entire period [absent? watch this video first 8:10 minutes only and take notes and show me to make-up the 50 min lesson]
P. 370 3, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 20-24, 43, 52 (see textbook link and solution link above)
2/26/20 L60 Simplify, Multiply/Divide Rational Expressions (sect. 7.3)
Assn Pg 380 5-10, 13-20 all, 27-33 odd
absent? read the textbook Lesson and Take Notes - show them to me.
2/28/20 L61 Adding/Subtracting Rational Expressions (sect. 7.4)
Pg 388 3-8, 19-26, Pg 381 28-34 even
End of R4 GRading Period
3/2/2020 L62 Simplifying Complex Fractions (sect.7.4)
Assn Pg 388 #39-44 all; P. 401 14-20
3/4/2020 L63 Solving Rational Equations (sect. 7.5) Getting a Common Denominator Method
Opener and Notes
Assn Pg 396 19-28, p. 400 11, 12; P. 403 4-6 Be sure you know the material from last week and this week. Your test is a week from Friday.
3/6/2020 L64 Graphing Rational Functions without Transformations (sect.7.2) Last main topic- your test is in one week - know the material already covered.
Power Point, Dry Erase Boards, Notes Template
3/9/2020 L65 Graphing Rational Functions (sect 7-2) [Test this Friday]
CW More Graphs of Rational L65 Graph the 4 Rational FUnctions
a) eq of HA
b) eq of VA
d) Graph by hand no calc
e) CHeck your work on DESMOS Graph the 4 Rationals.jpg
3/11/2020 L66 Review CH 7 Rationals Test on Friday
No Graphing Calc allowed on the test. Please bring a sci calc. The test will start at the beginning of the period.
L66 CW Evens Rationals Review 2 L66 HW same handout Odds
3/13/2020 Go to the NEW UNIT
https://www.bigideasmath.com/tutorial_list.php This site allows you to watch videos on how to do problems in our textbook. The "Example" videos and the "Monitoring Progress" videos are excellent resources if you were absent or you need a reminder on how to do a type of problem.
https://bim.easyaccessmaterials.com/index.php?location_user=cchs This is a site that allows you to view the textbook online. We use "common core high school".
http://www.bigideasmathsolutions.com/ (select "common core high school" from menu) This is a site that shows step by step how to do each of the odds in your textbook.
CH 6 Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
1/8/20 L43 CH 6-1 Exponential Growth and Decay Functions
CW: Video and then Notes P. 296-298
HW P. 300 9-17 odds, 19-24, 45, 46 (Read Lesson P. and Examples as Needed)
1/10 L44 Exponential Growth and Decay Word Problems with Guess n Check or graph approx.
Lesson and notes
1/13 L45 Exponential Form and Logarithmic Form
1) mental math with logs, log base 10 with calculator, Change of Base Formula for other cases,
2) You can now solve Growth and Decay Word Problems without Guess and Check
3) Solving Exponential Equations with these concepts Handout answers onlast page.
HW Finish handout 1-12 and then do P. 314 5-25, 27-32
1/15 L46 Investments Compounding Quarterly, Monthly, Daily...
HW 1-9 on this handout Growth and Decay Word Problems without Guess and Check
1/16 L47 Compositions of Functions, Inverse functions
Assn Handout Do P. 1-3 on P. 2 You may use DESMOS to help sketch the graph
Martin Luther King Junior School Holiday
1/22/20 L48 Wednesday Exponential Functions and Logarithmic Functions are inverses of each other.
L48 HW with Key Quiz at Next Class
1/24/20 L49 Transformation Graphing with Exponential & Log Functions
Practice Quiz and then start assn
1/27/20 L50 Properties of Logs (sect 6.5)
Assn: Pg 331 #9-32 all
copy original problem show property
1/29/20 L51 Properties of Logs (sect 6.5)
Quiz - see practice quiz from Friday
1/31/20 L52 Solving Exponential & Log Equations (sect 6.6)
February 3, 2020 L53 Solving Exponential & Log Equations (sect 6.6)
February 5th L54 Modeling with Exponential & Log Functions (sect 6.7)
February 7th L55 Modeling with Exponential & Log Functions (sect 6.7)
L55 Word Problems Complete the left hand side column all problems.
Please note that the answers to the problems are on the bottom of each column.
2/9/20 Monday L 56 [Test Friday if you plan on being absent take test Wed Tutorial]
2/11 Wednesday L57 (Subject to change)
2/12 L58 2/14/20 Chapter 6 Test Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
HW: L58 P. 350- 352 1-36