Resources on vaping, drugs and alcohol
Alcohol and drug use at Marin County schools are among the highest in California, and The Tamalpais Union HS District's (TUHSD) rates are consistently the highest in Marin County. For information on substance use rates at Tam High, see the California Healthy Kids Survey. Vaping has been growing an an alarming rate. We encourage all parents to get informed on drug, alcohol and e-cigarette use, and what you can do to keep your child and your child's friends safe. We have many resources below.
Be the Influence or "BTI" is a parenting program which seeks to delay adolescent substance use and reduce rates of binge drinking, alcohol, marijuana, vaping, tobacco, and other drug use in our communities. Studies show that parents are the number one influence in teens' lives. We encourage you to use your influence. BTI has many resources on drug and alcohol use and how to talk with your children. It also has a directory of parents that have pledged to not permit unsupervised parties of their teens. Visit BTI now.
- "Juul Spins Vaping as Criminal Justice Issue for Black Lawmakers"
- "Is Your Kid Using Juul or Another E-cigarette? Here's How You Can Help Them Quit"
- "Canabis 'more harmful than alcohol' for teen brains
- "Vaping: The Latest Count, Breakdown of the Numbers, New Products and Research"
- "High: Everything You Want to Know About Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction" An Evening with David and Nic Sheff, moderated by Michael Krasney, Presented by Marin Healthy Youth Partnerships. Please click here to watch the video
"Today's Marijuana: What You and Your Teen Need to Know" with Jennifer Golick. Please click here to watch the video
"It's Not the Marijuana You Think You Know" with Jason Lechner. Please click here to watch the video
"Weed 101: Smart Approaches to Marijuana" Please click here to watch the video
Community Forum on Alcohol & Other Drugs. Please click here to watch the video