Souder’s Senior Update #1
Welcome Back Seniors! What a wild ride this will be!
Let’s open our hearts to change, mistakes, forgiveness, grace and kindness.
While it’s hard to believe I am not meeting with you in person, I will be available for phone calls and zooms, and of course, emails.
Senior Meetings will get underway in a couple of weeks, so look for a presentation and zoom link for Q&A. Until then, I’m sending along a few things to be aware of as many of you have emailed me about college applications already.
- Please review your transcript on home access for any errors or inaccuracies
- Please make sure to waive your right to review the letter I am submitting - this helps ensure that colleges can trust that they have an honest recommendation
- College Board Code - 052770
- Ms Sheila Souder’s job title is Counselor and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Class size is 321
- We do NOT rank students so you will not have a rank
- College of Marin transcripts (or any other alternative coursework) are a student responsibility and must be sent directly by the student
- SAT and/or ACT scores are also a student responsibility (but let’s hope you don’t need those)
Letters of Recommendation
For all of you who have requested a letter of recommendation and invited me on the Common App (or another portal), I plan to have all of your documents uploaded and submitted on or before November 1st. If you have a deadline that is earlier than November 1st, please contact me so that I can make sure to meet it.
I have a bunch of letter packets already (thank you to those early birds) but if you have not yet submitted yours, please do so NOW:) Letter of Recommendation forms packets can be found here: https://www.tamdistrict.org/page/2143. All questions must be answered in an email or google doc - no PDFs please.
- Limited options at present in Northern California
- Even you have an option, the public health risk remains high
- Many colleges have made it very clear that they are either test blind or test optional, so please be thinking of your health and the requirements when making decisions about testing. I personally would only want to apply to colleges that valued my health and would be open to applicants without an SAT or ACT
If you have questions about your college applications, please wait until September 1 to email me and I’ll be happy to help. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Know that the counselors and Lisa Neumaier will be hosting college application workshops (virtually, of course) during the support periods and after school once we all settle into this new learning environment. Be sure to READ all of your emails, as that is where you will be getting this intel.
I am so excited to be supporting you through this last great year of your high school journey. Please let me know what you need and how I can help you have a super successful year and get prepared for the next step in your adventure!
Every happy thought,
“The only person you should try to be better than
Is the person you were yesterday.”