Food on Campus During School Hours - Request Process
Competitive foods (and beverages) are those that are sold to students on school campus during the school day, and outside of the federally reimbursable meal programs. Examples may be foods or beverages sold in vending machines (that are not reimbursable meals), student stores, fundraisers, or á la carte items sold by the school food service department. TUHSD further includes foods offered to students that are not "sold".
- Staff members completes the TUHSD request form for food on campus to obtain District approval for food events during school hours. Please submit the Google Form request 14 days prior to the event and attach the vendor's required documents within the Google form.
- Food must be provided by a vendor licensed by Marin county environmental health services.
- Vendors must provide proof of liability insurance and health permit to operate.
- All beverages must be caffeine free. Food selections cannot be deep fat fried. Whole grains, fruit and/or vegetables must be offered as one or more of the choices.
- Requests for approval will be reviewed by the District and a response will be provided within 7 days.
- Check for approval or denial of request at this link Request Results (listed in last column)
Research policy listed below when planning events.
TUHSD Board Policy & Administrative Regulation
Use the link below and search “food” to find related Board Policy
ASB event regulations by FCMAT
State of California Regulations
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.