Dear Parents/Guardians and Students of the Class of 2026:
Welcome to Tam High School! I am sure you are excited about your high school experience next year. We wanted to give you information on how to get to know Tam better along with the registration process.
GET TO KNOW TAM HIGH
We do not offer tours or shadowing, but there are a variety of ways to learn about life at Tam.
- Attend Parent Information Night at Tamalpais High School Student Center on Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 6:00 pm. Please plan to wear a mask. The student center is an indoor/outdoor facility. See the Campus Map for location.
- Attend our Open House on March 17 (see our website tamhigh.org for updates)
- Check out the Tam Website for information on courses offered, student led clubs, athletics etc.
- Come see a sporting event as there is always something happening after school. See the athletics calendar here.
- Visit campus after 4 pm or on the weekend. You are welcome to walk through campus.
- 9th Grade Orientation will be held by our Link Crew on Friday, August 12, 2022. First day of school is Wednesday, August 17, 2022.
You will be sent an email from your current middle school later in December or early January when registration opens. Directions will also be posted on our website at that time. The registration deadline will be at the end of February. In February, if you are fully registered, you will be emailed information/directions on how to pick elective courses at that time. For any questions regarding the registration process, contact Jane Shapiro at email@example.com.
Open House provides an opportunity to tour the campus and learn more about our school community. Guests are encouraged to visit classrooms, talk to faculty, see student work and tour campus. Open House will be held on March 17 at 6:00 pm.
The public is always welcome at Tam athletic and theater events (admission fees may apply). Please consult the Calendar on our website for more information about scheduled events. Check out the Daily Bulletin (Tam Times) and our online student newspaper, The Tam News for additional events and information.
We encourage you to explore the Tamalpais HS Website for a wealth of information. Some of the key links for information about our school and the Tamalpais Union High School District (THUSD) can be found here:
- New Student Registration
- District Attendance Boundaries
- Tamalpais 2019-2020 School Profile for a snapshot of relevant information
- Tamalpais Academic Department websites for specifics of academic information
- AP/Honors Matrix - Spring 2019 for 2019-20 School Year for sample registration information
- Tamalpais High School Accountability Report Card for 2018-19 for detailed school data (published 2019-20 -- usually published a year later)
- College and Career Center for a list of services - see the THS CCC blog for additional information
- THUSD Wellness Services
- New Science Standards
- TUHSD Athletics Website Look for the Parent-Student Guide to Athletics on the Athlete Registration page
- 2020-21 District Calendar
In compliance with District policy, there is no shadowing at Tam High.