Please write this up VERY CLEARLY! You may follow the order of the questions exactly or you may blend the information as you see fit. Make sure to include all the information.
1. Visit a local gallery, museum, art festival OR a public art installation. Give the site name and location.
How did you find it?
2. Focus on one ARTWORK that you have a strong reaction to.
3. Record the title, the artist, year it was made, medium,and size. DRAW A SKETCH OF THE PIECE
4. Describe the artwork using vocabulary from class including the Elements of Art and Principles of Design, as well as your own descriptive vocabulary. Be detailed and complete and use full sentences.
5. Analyze the artwork using the E's & P's focusing on what components make up the composition. Include terms such as negative shape or space, texture, movement, balance(which type), variety (as in materials or different surface treatments) color scheme, pattern and form. (Use as much of the rest of the vocabulary as possible).
6. Interpret the artwork: what does it mean? What feelings has it evoked in you? What is the content or the intent of the artist? What are the clues the artist gives you which lead you to your interpretation?
7. Judge, or evaluate, the artwork. Is it good? Bad? A bit of both? Why? Use complete sentences, backing up your assertions with descriptive opinion.
You Must complete three (3) Museum Gallery Visits this semester
PLEASE DON'T PUT THIS OFF.
THE LATER DATE ALLOWS YOU TO GO TO ART FESTIVALS AND OPEN STUDIOS HELD CLOSER TO THE HOLIDAYS. HOWEVER, STARTING THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND, THE SAUSALITO ART FESTIVAL TAKES PLACE. THEN, IN SEPTEMBER, THE MILL VALLEY FALL ARTS FESTIVAL TAKES PLACE. OTHER ART FESTIVALS HAPPEN THROUGHOUT THE BAY AREA ALL FALL, SO IF THAT IS THE TYPE OF VENUE YOU LIKE, YOU HAVE OPTIONS. YOU CAN OF COURSE GO TO ANY LOCAL GALLERY OR MUSEUM AS WELL. SOONER IS BETTER THAN LATER!! ENJOY LOOKING AT AND PONDERING ON ART!!