The Tamalpais Union High School District (Tam District) Board of Trustees revised the interdistrict transfer (IDT) policy on October 15, 2019. Please read the policy* to transfer into or out of the Tam District. Important points to note are:
- Students are required to attend school in the district where their parent or guardian resides, unless they obtain an approved Interdistrict Transfer.
- Currently enrolled students who move out of the Tam District must file for an Interdistrict transfer one month after moving. Forms are available at your District of residence.
- Students who have applied for an interdistrict transfer and are accepted into one of the Tam District elementary feeder schools in grades K-8, are not guaranteed admission to attend high school in the Tam District.
To file a request for Interdistrict transfer into the District, the student's parent/guardian must first obtain a release from the student's current district of residence. Start with the appropriate form from your district of residence.
- TUHSD will consider requests for transfer into the Tam District only during the month of December. Completed IDT forms will be accepted from December 1-31 of each year for the following school year, but approval is not guaranteed. All IDT forms must be postmarked by December 31st if mailed. Board Policy 5117 has a limited number of reasons for approval of transfers into the District because of the impact of enrollment growth within the District.
- Responses to requests for Interdistrict transfer will be provided within 30 calendar days of receiving the request at the TUHSD Office of Superintendent.
- The Superintendent may deny a request for Interdistrict transfer due to overcrowding.
- The Superintendent will deny a transfer, or revoke an existing transfer, if information provided on the transfer request is discovered to be false or fraudulent. Interdistrict transfers may also be revoked for behavior, attendance, or academic deficiencies.
- Appeals to the Board of Trustees for IDT denials will be accepted until January 31 of each year. A request for appeal must be sent in writing, either by email or US mail, to the Superintendent. Requests for appeals will not be granted when transfer requests are received before December 1 or after the December 31 deadline.
- Failure of a parent/guardian to meet timelines for transfer and appeal requests will be deemed an abandonment of the request.
To request a transfer OUT of the Tam District, please fill out a form and return it to Mary O'Leary.
If you have additional questions regarding the Tam District interdistrict transfer policy, please call Mary O'Leary, Executive Assistant, at (415) 945-1020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interdistrict Transfer Forms
Forms are available at your District of Residence. Please check with the school district where you live.
If you live in Marin County, please use this form.
Spanish version of the Marin County form.
WHO TO CONTACT
If you have questions about the Tamalpais District, our schools, or the district’s transfer policies, please contact:
Office of the Superintendent of Schools
Mary O'Leary, Executive Assistant
Ph: (415) 945-1020
*BOARD POLICY/ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION:
- SEE ED Code 46601