Twenty Things Every Drake Freshman Should KnowLink Leader Advice
· Get involved in anything you’re even slightly interested in (drama, music, clubs, sports or something)
· Ask questions
· Talk to your counselor A LOT, they will be very helpful
· Your planner: use it, don't lose it
· Don't procrastinate; your homework IS important
· If you’re looking for an extension, don't ask the day the assignment is due
· Late homework is a lot better than no homework at all
· Email your teachers whenever you have a question
· Be outgoing; there are no "cool jackets" at Drake
· Remember to enjoy high school, it goes by quickly!
· There is no Big Theater
· Devonshire has no air conditioning - prepare for the heat
· Best bathrooms are in Devonshire and the canteen
· Get your tutorial pass at break or before, NOT during advisory
· Always bring advisory food when it's your turn
· There's nothing wrong with asking another student for directions to a classroom - everyone is confused early on
· Staff are a lot cooler than they look; make friends with them and earn their respect. Pat, Rich and Lena are hella chill.
· Don't do anything illegal during school hours or at school events; there are serious consequences
· Get on Millie's good side, it's worth it!
· Always show your Pirate Pride!
Last updated on 9/15/2011 by Sheila R Souder.