HOW TO CHANGE YOUR KEYBOARD TO WRITE IN SPANISH ON A PC COMPUTER:
1. Go to “Start” menu
2. Choose “Control Panel”
3. Click on “Regional and Language Options”
4. See the tabs at the top (Regional Options, Languages, Advanced). Choose “Languages.”
5. Click on “Details”
6. Click on “Add”
7. Choose “Spanish traditional sort” or “Spain” and then click on the extra plus buttons underneath it and check both the keyboards for English and Spanish, and then click “ok” and then “apply” (at the bottom)
8. You should now see at the bottom right-hand side of your desktop “EN.” This is where you’ll change the keyboard when you open your word document to type in Spanish “ES”.
KEYBOARD DIFFERENCES IN “ES” MODE:
ñ – is the :/; key (next to “L”)
accents – hit the “ ’ key (next to “Enter”) FIRST and THEN hit the vowel you want the accent over. Do not hit them at the same time, it will not work that way.
¿ - hit the “shift” key while hitting the “+/=“ key (next to “backspace”)
? - hit the “shift” key while hitting the “-“ key (next to “0”)
¡ - hit the “+/=“ key (next to “backspace”)
! – hit the “shift” key while hitting the “1“ key
***You can also simply change from “ES” keyboard back to “EN” keyboard to type the characters on the keyboard that do not have Spanish elements.HERE IS WHAT THE SPANISH KEYBOARD LOOKS LIKE:
SPELL CHECK EN ESPAÑOL:
1. Inside WORD, look at the tabs at the top (File, Home, Insert, Page Layout, References, Mailings, Review, View, Add-Ins). Click on the tab “Review.”
2. Select all of the text in your document that you would like the spell check to affect.
3. After the text is selected, click on the pull down triangle for “Language” and choose “Set Proofing Language” and then choose “Spanish – Spain traditional sort”
4. Spell-check your work! (Go to “Review” again, then choose “ABC Spelling & Grammar”)
DRAWING TEXT BOXES:
1. In WORD, go to the “Insert” tab at the top. Then at the right-hand side, you’ll see “Text Box.” Click on the triangle pull down menu. At the very bottom of the pull down menu, click on “Draw Text Box.”
2. A “+” will appear on the screen. Drag it to where you would like your text box to be.
1. Find a picture of the “person” you will be on the internet .
2. Right mouse click over the picture and choose “copy.”
3. Go back to your word document, right mouse click where you want to put the picture and choose “paste.”
4. Click at one of the corners of the picture to adjust the size.
If you are in word but it still won't write in Spanish:
- You must click inside the word document and THEN choose "ES".
- If you are using text boxes within a document, you must choose "ES" for each box and also choose the language of spell-checking choice to SPANISH as well.HOW TO CHANGE YOUR KEYBOARD ON A MAC1. Click on the apple icon at the top left, and then select "system preferences"2. Select "Language and Text"3. Select the tab "Input Sources"4. Click on boxes for "Spanish - ISO" and "U.S."
HOW TO WRITE IN SPANISH ON AN iPADTo add a new international keyboard, tap the “Settings” icon from your iPad home screen. Then, tap the “General” option and select “Keyboard>International Keyboards>Add New Keyboard”. Now, simply select your language preference.To activate the desired international keyboard, simply tap the international keyboard symbol (pictured below) from your iPad virtual keyboard. Then, select the preferred language and start typing.
Another way to do this: To type an accented letter simply hold any vowel a little longer than normal (long press) and you'll see several other accented options pop up. Ditto for the "ñ," the exclamation point and the question mark.HOW TO WRITE IN SPANISH IN GOOGLE DOCS:Select "Insert", then choose "Special Characters…" Select "Latin" and "Common" from the drop-down menus. There you will find any Spanish letter you might need, uppercase or lowercase. Change "Latin" to "Punctuation" to find the upside-down question mark and exclamation point.