1. Read the Cartoon Analysis Guide.http://www.loc.gov/teachers/classroommaterials/presentationsandactivities/activities/political-cartoon/lm_cart_analysis_guide.pdfTO ANALYZE A POLITICAL CARTOON'S RHETORIC.2. Then go to The Week's Cartoon Page and pick two political cartoons to analyze, one you agree with and one you disagree with.3. Format a document to present each cartoon and your analysis. Your analysis will answer the following questions:
- What issue is this political cartoon about?
- What do you think is the cartoonist's opinion on the issue?
- Which persuasive techniques does the cartoonist employ? Relate the techniques to the meaning of the cartoon. Explain why the cartoonist uses the techniques and to what effect.
- Did you find this cartoon persuasive? Why or why not?
- What other techniques could the cartoonist have used to make this cartoon more persuasive?
- What other opinion can you imagine another person having on the issue?
4. Email me a copy of your cartoons and analyses. You can share it with me as a Google Doc or a Word File. Make sure you put both your name and your partner's name on the documents.THE WEEK'S CARTOON PAGE: The Week