TAMISCAL HIGH SCHOOL
INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE AGREEMENT
STUDENT _____________________________ 70012: Physical Education
I. OBJECTIVES: (What am I going to accomplish?)
Core 1 & 2 are an introduction to basic exercise physiology fundamentals.
II. ACTIVITIES: (How am I going to accomplish my objectives?)
- Read chapters 9 - 14 in Personal Fitness: Looking Good, Feeling Good
- Create a Personal Nutrition Plan: it must coincide with personal health
and fitness goals and reflect a core understanding of the food groups and
- Maintain a written log of fitness and movement-related activities participated
in during and outside of school.
III. EVALUATION: (How my objectives will be evaluated)
- Sportfolio component: maintain an organized portfolio, which contains all
class work listed below.
- Skills component: performance of activities: dance, combatives, tumbling/gymnastics,
- Oral component: a minimum of one oral presentation related to the instruction
of a movement skill, fitness circuit, cooperative game, social skill, or other
related physical activity.
- Written component: a minimum of two written works in the form of journals,
personal experiences, skill descriptions, fitness or wellness plans, history
of sport and fitness.
- A minimum of two outside readings or current events related to sports, fitness,
health or history thereof.
- Technology component: a minimum of one activity that requires the use of
IV. DURATION: (What time period this contract covers)
V. PROGRESS MONITORlNG: (How, when and where my progress on this contract
will be reported)
Activities offered at schools, community activities
Grades and credits will be reported at the quarter and end of the semester.
I accept the terms of this agreement
Student __________________________________________ Date Started _________________
Supervising Teacher ________________________________ Date Completed _______________
Other Staff _______________________________________
Credits Attempted _____________ Credits Earned _______________ Final Grade_____________