TAMISCAL HIGH SCHOOL
INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE AGREEMENT
STUDENT _________________________________ COURSE 70182 YEARBOOK 2 - spring section
I. Student Learning Outcomes
A. Students will:
1. Develop and carry through a theme for the yearbook.
2. Organize a "ladder" or planned organization for the book.
3. Learn the HerffJones software and desktop publishing tools.
4. Learn the elements of graphic design and how to translate these ideas onto the computer.
5. Learn to take and crop effective photographs of sports, candids and clubs.
6. Write effective copy, captions and headlines.
7. Edit and rewrite to improve their work.
8. Learn the skills for proofing lay-outs and copy from the publisher.
9. Work to finance a successful business, selling books and ads to raise
10. Learn to manage scheduling, event co-ordination and deadline planning.
11. Work together as a team to produce a finished product.
Students will be involved in the following learning activities:
1. Interviewing and writing
4. Peer editing
5. Coaching and critiquing
6. Individual feedback
7. Lectures on the principles of design
8. Practice lay-outs
9. Hands-on experience with desktop publishing
Herff Jones provides detailed lesson plans for the first thirty
days of class, a hard bound book of The Best of, displaying the year's most
outstanding yearbooks across the country.
The advisors and editors will examine the yearbooks along with our Herff Jones rep at the end of the year, evaluating successes
and failures as well as looking for ways to improve.
The agreement is effective until the end of the current semester.
VI. Progress Monitoring
Weekly grades and credits will be reported at the quarter and end of the semester.
I accept the terms of this agreement
Student __________________________________________ Date Started _________________
Supervising Teacher ________________________________ Date Completed _______________
Other Staff _______________________________________
Credits Attempted _____________ Credits Earned _______________ Final Grade_____________