2019 AP Exams
Congratulations to those who have completed their 2019 AP Exams. AP Exams provide students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of materials covered in AP courses and, depending upon results and individual university policy, possibly earn college credit or placement. If students and parents are curious to find out which colleges and universities offer credit or placement for AP Scores, please use this tool created by College Board:
If you left your AP Student Packet with your AP ID number (needed to obtain scores) in the exam room please come to room 107 to pick it up.
2019 AP Late Exam Dates and Locations
- The Late Exams are only available to those students who have approval through the administration and have met the College Board qualifications.
- The District Office (DO) is located in the building next to the CEA towards the back parking lot.
- The Carlisle Building is located at 375 Doherty Drive near the front parking lot adjacent to the track and field.
- Campus Map
AP Exam Date & Time Testing Location European History 5/22/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM HR Conf Rm Microeconomics 5/22/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM Kreps Statistics 5/22/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM Southside English Language 5/22/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM Room 182 Computer Science A 5/22/19 Check-in @ 11:45 AM Northside Chemistry 5/22/19 Check-in @ 11:45 AM Room 182 Biology 5/23/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM Moutain View Environmental Science 5/23/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM Southside US History 5/23/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM
Seminar 5/24/19 Check-in @ 7:45 AM Room 182 Macroeconomics 5/24/19 Check-in @ 11:45 AM Mountain View
AP Exam Student Information
Exam Day Procedures:
Please arrive no later than 7:45 a.m. for the morning administration and 11:45 a.m. for the afternoon administration. Depending on your last name, please be sure to report to the correct testing location for each AP Exam (locations to be posted soon).
Students may not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended; do not ask to leave early if you finish before the end of the exam. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP Exam obligation, and arrangements should be made accordingly.
Get a good night's rest before your exam, and eat a nutritious breakfast. You are allowed to bring a snack and beverage for your 10-minute break. However, food and drink are prohibited in the exam room. It is advisable to bring a sweater, in case the room temperature is below your comfort level.
What Students Can Bring Into The Exam Room:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for completing multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Pens with black or dark blue ink only, for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- A watch that doesn't have internet access, doesn't beep and doesn't have an alarm.
- Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities if they are taking an AP® Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam. Students are encouraged to look at the AP Calculator Policy page and click on the link for their course for the specific calculator policy.
- A government-issued or school-issued photo ID.
- Social Security number (for U.S. citizens) for identification purposes (optional). If students provide their number, it may appear on their AP score report.
- If applicable, the SSD Student Accommodation Letter, which verifies that the student has been approved for a testing accommodation such as Braille or large-type exams.
What Students Cannot Bring Into The Exam Room:
- Bags or Backpacks, please leave such items in your locker or in your car.
- Electronic equipment (cell phone, smartphone, smartwatch, earpods or other wearable technology, laptop, tablet computer, etc.), portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod®, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, or any other electronic or communication devices.
- Scratch paper; notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm.
- Computers (unless this has been pre-approved as an accommodation by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities office prior to the exam).
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Clothing with subject-related information.
- Food or drink (unless this has been pre-approved as an accommodation by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities office prior to the exam).
AP Calculator Policy
Calculators can be used on all or some parts of the AP Exams approved by College Board. For a list of AP Exams where calculators are allowed and a listing of approved calculators, please visit the AP Calculator Policy
Beginning in 2018, for the AP Biology Exam, students may now use a four-function (with square root), scientific, or graphing calculator.
- Students should check the list of approved graphing calculators; bring only approved models.
- Students can bring up to two calculators. They should bring calculators they are familiar with that are in good working order. Calculators may not be shared.
- Calculator memories do not need to be cleared before or after the exam.
- If there are conflicts with the AP Exam schedule, please see Dina Craft in room 107 or call the AP Office, 415-945-3601, before the end of the registration period. There are VERY LIMITED circumstances under which the College Board or Redwood HS will approve a student for an alternative late testing date. Students cannot take two exams at the same time and Redwood HS will decide which exam a student will take first and which exam will be taken during the late testing window. This year’s late testing window, as set by College Board is May 22rd through May 24th.
- If approved, an additional $50 late testing fee may apply.
Policies and Procedures for AP Exams
Students are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and Redwood High School during all AP Exams. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP Exam score.
For additional information on AP Exam policies and procedures, we encourage students and parents/guardians to explore this link:
College Board Links and Resources
College Board AP Scores
CollegeGo Mobile App
Bulletin for AP Students and Parents:
College Board Resources for Taking AP Exams:
Credit or Placement for Universities:
Preparing for the AP Exams
Contact Information for Redwood AP Information:
Dina Craft Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 415-945-3601