2018 AP Exams
This year’s Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations will take place May 7, 2018, through May 18, 2018. AP Exams provide students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of materials covered in AP courses and, depending upon results and individual university policy, possibly earn college credit or placement. If students and parents are curious to find out which colleges and universities offer credit or placement for AP Scores, please use this great tool created by College Board:
2018 AP Exam Schedule
AP Exam Date & Time Testing Location Students Assignments Chemistry Monday (5/7/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 40 (A-Z) Southside 2 (Accomd.) Mountain View 1 (Accomd.) Seminar Tuesday (5/8/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 48 (A-Z) Southside 2 (Accomd.) Northside 1 (Accomd.) Spanish Language and Culture Tuesday (5/8/18) @ 8:00 AM Library 23 (6th period-Ms. Civano) Kreps Conference Center 20 (5th period - Ms. Civano) Room 158 20 (2nd period-Ms. Zeiher) Room 182 20 (3rd period-Ms. McCrea) HR Conference Room 1 (Accomd.) Mountain View 1 (Accomd.) Room 276 1 (Accomd.) Creekside 1 (Accomd.) Room 112 1 (Accomd.) Room 182 Conference Room 1 (Accomd.) Art History Tuesday (5/8/18) @ 12:00 PM Small Gym 46 (A-Z) Southside 2 (Accomd.) English Literature Wednesday (5/9/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 71 (A-Z) Creekside 3 (Accomd.) Southside 1 (Accomd.) Kreps Conference Center 2 (Accomd.) Room 158 1 (Accomd.) Environmental Science Thursday (5/10/18) @ 12:00 PM Small Gym 109 (H-Z) Kreps Conference Center 22 (A-B) Room 182 18 (C-E) PE Classroom 18 (F-G) Room 158 7 (Accomd.) Creekside 1 (Accomd.) Southside 1 (Accomd.) HR Conference Room 1 (Accomd.) US History Friday (5/11/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 90 (M-Z) Kreps Conference Room 23 (C-E) Room 182 23 (F-J) PE Classroom 24 (A-B) Mountain View 13 (K-L) Room 158 11 (Accomd.) Southside 1 (Accomd.) Northside 1 (Accomd.) HR Conference Room 0 (Accomd.) Biology Monday (5/14/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 59 (A-Z) Mountain View 3 (Accomd.) Southside 1 (Accomd.) Calculus AB Tuesday (5/15/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 83 (A-Z) Room 182 2 (Accomd.) HR Conference Room 1 (Accomd.) Calculus BC Tuesday (5/15/18) @ 8:00 AM Mountain View 15 (Kog - P) Creekside 15 (A - Kep) Kreps 22 (R-Z) Southside 1 (Accomd.) Computer Science A Tuesday (5/15/18) @ 12:00 PM PE Classroom 17 (A-Z) Room 158 4 (Accomd.) English Language and Composition Wednesday (5/16/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 82 (K-Z) Kreps Conference Room 22 (D-G) Room 182 23 (A-C) Creekside 13 (H-Key) Room 158 13 (Accomd.) Southside 1 (Accomd.) Macroeconomics Wednesday (5/16/18) @ 12:00 PM Small Gym 86 (A-R) Kreps Conference Room 17 (V-Z) Room 182 19 (S-T) Creekside 1 (Accomd.) PE Classroom 7 (Accomd.) Statistics Thursday (5/17/2017) @ 12:00 PM Small Gym 39 (A-Z) Southside 1 (Accomd.) HR Conference Room 0 (Accomd.) Microeconomics Friday (5/18/18) @ 8:00 AM Small Gym 103 (A-T) Kreps Conference Room 18 (V-Z) Mountain View 7 (Accomd.) Northside 1 (Accomd.) European History Friday (5/18/18) @ 12:00 PM Small Gym 97 (I-Z) Kreps Conference Room 15 (A-B) Room 182 20 (C-E) PE Classroom 19 (F-H) Room 158 6 (Accomd.) HR Conference Room 1 (Accomd.)
AP Exam Student Information
Exam Day Procedures:
Please arrive no later than 7:45 a.m. for the morning administration and 11;45 a.m. for the afternoon administration. Depending on your last name, please be sure to report to the correct testing location for each AP Exam (see above).
Students may not be dismissed until an exam has officially ended; do not ask to leave early if you finish before the end of the exam. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP Exam obligation, and arrangements should be made accordingly.
Get a good night's rest before your exam, and eat a nutritious breakfast. You are allowed to bring a snack and beverage for your 10-minute break. However, food and drink are prohibited in the exam room. It is advisable to bring a sweater, in case the room temperature is below your comfort level.
What Students Can Bring Into The Exam Room:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for completing multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Pens with black or dark blue ink only, for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- A watch that doesn't have internet access, doesn't beep and doesn't have an alarm.
- Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities if they are taking an AP® Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam. Students are encouraged to look at the AP Calculator Policy page and click on the link for their course for the specific calculator policy.
- A government-issued or school-issued photo ID.
- Social Security number (for U.S. citizens) for identification purposes (optional). If students provide their number, it may appear on their AP score report.
- If applicable, the SSD Student Accommodation Letter, which verifies that the student has been approved for a testing accommodation such as Braille or large-type exams.
What Students Cannot Bring Into The Exam Room:
- Bags or Backpacks, please leave such items in your locker or in your car.
- Electronic equipment (cell phone, smartphone, smartwatch or other wearable technology, laptop, tablet computer, etc.), portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod®, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, or any other electronic or communication devices.
- Scratch paper; notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm.
- Computers (unless this has been pre-approved as an accommodation by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities office prior to the exam).
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Clothing with subject-related information.
- Food or drink (unless this has been pre-approved as an accommodation by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities office prior to the exam).
AP Calculator Policy
Calculators can be used on all or some parts of the AP Exams approved by College Board. For a list of AP Exams where calculators are allowed and a listing of approved calculators, please visit the AP Calculator Policy
- Students should check the list of approved graphing calculators; bring only approved models.
- Students can bring up to two calculators. They should bring calculators they are familiar with that are in good working order. Calculators may not be shared.
- Calculator memories do not need to be cleared before or after the exam.
If there are conflicts with the AP Exam schedule, contact Dina Craft in room 107 or call 415-945-3601. There are VERY LIMITED circumstances under which the College Board will approve a student for an alternative late testing date. IF approved, an additional $50.00 late testing fee may apply.
AP Exam Proctor Volunteers
Redwood High School is looking for volunteers to proctor AP Exams, May 7th through May 18th. Working in collaboration with members of the administrative team and clerical staff, exam Proctors help create a testing environment that will support students during their AP Exam. We will need approximately 100 volunteers to successfully administer AP Exams to our students. This year will we will be administering about 1700 AP Exams to about 800 students.
AP Exam Proctors may be parents, substitute teachers, retired teachers, or other professionals. Retired teachers may serve as a proctor for exams in a subject area other than those in which they taught. An individual may not proctor an AP Exam in which an immediate family or household member is taking the exam, although can proctor any other AP Exam.
Those interested can sign up for one or more AP Exam sessions by using the following link: AP Proctor Volunteers 2018
Policies and Procedures for AP Exams
Students are required to abide by the policies of both College Board and Redwood High School during all AP Exams. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP Exam score.
For additional information on AP Exam policies and procedures, we encourage students and parents/guardians to explore this link:
AP Exam Policies
College Board Links and Resources
CollegeGo Mobile App Download Now Bulletin for AP Students and Parents: Bulletin for AP Students and Parents College Board Resources for Taking AP Exams: AP Students Taking the Exam Credit or Placement for Universities: Credit or Placement College Board Website Preparing for the AP Exams Preparing for AP Exams
Contact Information for Redwood AP Information:
Dina Craft Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 415-945-3601