We are excited to already begin planning for our upcoming 2020/21 school year! We recognize that for many of you, this will be your first foray into high school and for others, an opportunity to refamiliarize yourself with our community here at Tam High. Either way, we look forward to sharing with you all the many positive qualities of our school and also welcome the opportunity to answer any questions and alleviate some of the anxieties that you and your students may be feeling during this upcoming time of transition. There are a variety of opportunities for prospective students and families to learn about our school community
For many years, we offered daytime tours to familiarize incoming students and parents with our academic and extracurricular programs, as well as the culture and personality of our campus. Increasing enrollment led to more demand for tours which resulted in frequent disruptions for our students and school staff. Organizing and staffing the tours also became challenging. Additionally, feeder schools reported that middle school students were missing valuable learning time to attend the tours. For these reasons, we no longer offer tours at Tam High.
However, we will be offering several evening information sessions for prospective 8th grade students and families throughout the year that will provide a broad overview of what it means to be a Tam Hawk. Please plan on joining us for one of these evenings. In addition to these sessions, please also take note of the number of other ways to learn more about our school. All information sessions will be held from 6:00- 7:00 pm.
Open House provides an opportunity to tour the campus and learn more about our school community. Guests are encouraged to visit classrooms, talk to faculty, see student work and tour campus. Open House has been postponed. Further information will be posted when available.
The public is always welcome at Tam athletic and theater events (admission fees may apply). Please consult the Calendar on our website for more information about scheduled events. Check out the Daily Bulletin (Tam Times) and our online student newspaper, The Tam News for additional events and information.
We encourage you to explore the Tamalpais HS Website for a wealth of information. Some of the key links for information about our school and the Tamalpais Union High School District (THUSD) can be found here:
- New Student Registration
- District Attendance Boundaries
- Tamalpais 2019-2020 School Profile for a snapshot of relevant information
- Tamalpais Academic Department websites for specifics of academic information
- AP/Honors Matrix - Spring 2019 for 2019-20 School Year for sample registration information
- Tamalpais High School Accountability Report Card for 2018-19 for detailed school data (published 2019-20 -- usually published a year later)
- College and Career Center for a list of services - see the THS CCC blog for additional information
- THUSD Wellness Services
- New Science Standards
- TUHSD Athletics Website Look for the Parent-Student Guide to Athletics on the Athlete Registration page
- 2020-21 District Calendar
In compliance with District policy, there is no shadowing at Tam High.