The Tamalpais Union High School District is committed to encouraging students to experience the joy of accomplishment in school and in their personal lives, to discover their full potential, to value an atmosphere of trust and respect, to assume responsibility for their own ethical behavior, and to foster ethical behavior in others. In pursuit of this ideal, we acknowledge that:
• Academic honesty is a shared responsibility among students, parents and school staff.
• The many students who do not cheat are adversely affected by those who do.
• High school students are under more pressure than ever to achieve high grades.
• Teachers must create conditions which encourage ethical behavior.
• Students need to experience rewards for good ethics and consequences for poor decisions.