The Launching Years: Strategies for Parenting From Senior Year to College Life
by Laura S Kastner, PhD and Jennifer Wyatt, PhD
From senior year to the beginning of college can be a roller coaster of emotions. The stress of college applications and the shift in roles for parents and students can create a whole new set of dilemmas for families to deal with. This is a year filled with challenge, frustration, excitement and separation.
This book covers a gamut of topics, such as:
- Managing the college application process
- Dealing with senioritis
- Managing pre-launch jitters and concerns about student/parent readiness to separate
- Parenting from afar once your student is in college
- Figuring out why your student is back home from college
- Staying connected while letting go
Last modified on 8/14/09, by Sheila R Souder.