Time Management Worksheet
How to Use the Time Management Worksheet
PART A: Identify Obligated Time
1. Fill in all of your classes
2. Fill in the hours you work
3. Fill in the time it takes to get ready and travel between home, school, and work
4. Fill in any other regular appointments (i.e., athletics, Mock Trial, etc.)
5. Fill in a Dinner Break. Include time for food preparation
6. Establish a set time to go to sleep and get up in the morning
PART B: Identify Free Time
1. Assign time for studying for each class
2. Allow 3-4 hours for each hour spent in class per week
3. Try to study for classes on the days they meet
4. Use large blocks for major tasks, smaller blocks for reviews
5. Schedule regular breaks and rewards for completing a task--don’t marathon study
6. Schedule fun events -- recreation, watching television, going out with friends
PART C: Analyze Your Situation
1. Have you found "hidden time" you didn't know you had?
2. Is there time to relax and do something for pleasure (i.e., read, puzzles, ponder life’s mysteries, etc.)
3. Is there enough time available to study for all your classes?
4. If your schedule cannot accommodate all the demands on your time, see Ms Souder
5. If you schedule looks reasonable, then stick to it!
Last modified on 12/16/09 by Sheila R Souder.