2022-2023 THS Student Course Scheduling Information
Course Selection for 22-23 School Year
Key Dates: Information Nights
- January 24th - January 28th- Students will begin to learn about course choices through in class presentations and elective fair/workshop activities.
- January 27th - ABCs of AP/Honors - 6:00 - 7:30 via Zoom
- February 7th - February 18th - Current 9 thru 11th students will input their course request into StudentVue with support from counselor classroom visits
- February 18th - Final day to enter course requests into StudentVUE
- March 29th - April 1 - StudentVUE will be opened for VIEW ONLY so students can check course selections.
- Several programs have application processes. See the website or our marketing materials for these programs:
- Academy of Integrated Media
- Link Crew/Leadership/WISE
- Create a schedule that is balanced for you. Taking two or more A.P. classes requires a significant amount of time, energy, and motivation. Consider extracurricular activities, outside responsibilities, etc. when choosing rigorous courses.
- Be thoughtful with your choices. Do not assume you can try a class and just drop later. Your options may be limited after the school year has begun.
- Do not take an A.P. or Honors course simply because you will receive a weighted grade. Consider your interests, passion, strengths and weaknesses. You may have limited options if you change your mind, so take the time to pursue courses of interest
- Students will be automatically enrolled in some courses required for graduation. If a student wants to participate in special academies or AP level course, they will need to choose these as electives for now.
- At this point, you are making Course Selection REQUESTS only. Your student is not SCHEDULED into these choices until we run a final scheduler later in the year.
- We may not run classes due to low interest, and we may have limited seating in some classes due to staffing issues.
- We base our staffing on the selections that students make in February. After the 2/18 deadline, any request to CHANGE the selections will be collected via a google form.These may or may not be honored given our staffing constraints and availability in courses.
- TUHSD Board of Directors have policies regarding schedule changes, teacher changes, adding and dropping courses and graduation requirements. All relevant policies can be found at the TUHSD website and in the Course Guide attached to this email.
Future Sophomores - Course Selection Worksheet
Future Juniors - Course Selection Worksheet
Future Seniors - Course Selection Worksheet