College & Career Center
Welcome and Overview
Welcome to Drake's College & Career Center!
I am passionate about working with high school students and helping them navigate their post-secondary planning. I have a long history with Drake, one that started years before I began working here. Feel free to learn more by reading my Bio.
In the College & Career Center, students can find current material on hundreds of colleges, gap year programs, and summer opportunities. Additionally, students can access computers to search for information on careers, colleges, scholarships, as well as find community service and job opportunity postings.
For information regarding internships, please see Greg Davison in the College & Career Center. He is at Drake on Wednesdays and can be reached any day at email@example.com.My hope is that students leave Drake well-prepared and excited to embark on their next journey, no matter where they land. It is also my hope that students embrace the process with confidence and curiosity and enjoy this time rather than succumbing to the pressures that often goes with the college application process. There are thousands of colleges and universities out there, as well as career options and gap year programs to consider. Keep in mind - what might be good for your best friend may not be what's best for you so keep your interests and wishes alive and strong!
Trust your instincts and take the initiative to ask questions so that you can learn about all of your options. I look forward to hearing about your plans and helping in any way I can.Lisa Neumaier, College & Career SpecialistEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Test Dates for Seniors
- August 26 (all registration deadlines have passed)
- October 7 (Sept. 8 regular registration deadline - local test sites fill early so register ASAP) - If you plan to apply Early Action or Early Decision, this may be your last opportunity to test and submit your scores before the November 1 EA and ED application deadlines. Note that some colleges will accept November (or even later) scores as an addendum to your completed early application, but you will need to check on the specific policies at the schools of your choice.
- November 4 (Oct. 5 regular registration deadline) - This date can work as an opportunity to retake the SAT or Sujbect Tests for seniors applying under regular application conditions with January deadlines.
- December 2 (Nov. 2 regular registration deadline) - This is your last opportunity to take the test and send results to schools in time for deadlines.
- September 9 (all registration deadlines have passed)
- October 28 (Sept. 22 regular registration deadline) - This date is a great option for retaking the ACT, especially for regular decision applications. If you are applying early, you may be able to send October scores to colleges, depending on your school's policies.
- December 9 (Nov. 3 regular registration deadline) - This is your last chance for ACT retakes prior to standard admission deadlines.
Senior Night 2017 - for seniors/senior parents that missed this year's event, please click here for the Power Point presentation.
Click Here for Upcoming College & Career Center Events, including College Admission Representative Visits, Parent Nights, Practice Tests and more . . .
(updated weekly)College & Career Center:.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
Room: 211 (next door to Counseling)Drake's School Code for Testing (aka CEEB code): 052770More than 100 College Reps visit Drake each fall to talk to students about their schools so please attend as many as you can. The information and advice reps provide is priceless!!
Although most visits occur before school, during Tutorial or at lunch, some take place during class time. Regardless of when the visit occurs, students must sign up on Naviance. The email students receive from their counselor after they sign-up is to be used as their pass.Click here to log in to Naviance. Once logged in, click on the colleges tab then click on the view all upcoming college visits link.$$$ Scholarships$$$A list of active scholarships is available on Naviance and updated regularly. The majority of scholarships are for seniors and deadlines vary, but there are also some for younger students.
Juniors & Sophomores -
Check it out
If you weren't able to attend The New World of College Admission Testing: Insights for the Classes of 2018 & 2019, stop by the College & Career Center to pick up a copy of The Compass Guide to College Admission Testing or view it online: http://www.compassprep.com/compass-guide/If you missed Junior Night on October 6, 2016, here are the presentations from our guest speakers:JC Transfer – California Community Colleges Workshop Information.