On November 8, 2011, voters in our eighteen central and southern Marin communities overwhelmingly demonstrated community support for our schools by a 72.94% approval of the straight renewal of our parcel tax, Measure B, which has been in place since 1989. Measure B continues the existing parcel tax beginning July 1, 2012, for a term of ten years with a 3% annual adjustment. The July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018 parcel tax is $285.10.
The current parcel tax provides supplemental funds to the Tamalpais Union High School District to maintain and enhance public high school education and services, including:
- Small class sizes
- Comprehensive academic programs
- Commitment to attract and retain highly qualified and experienced staff
- Acquisition of equipment and supplies supporting the instructional program
Senior Citizen Exemption Eligibility
- You are 65 years of age or older on or before May 1, 2017
- The parcel is used as your principal place of residence
- You own a beneficial interest in the parcel
- Deadline to apply for the 2017/18 tax year: July 1, 2017
Please complete the Request for Abatement of Parcel Tax form if you have merged or combined your parcels. For additional information regarding an Assessor Parcel combination, please contact the Assessor Mapping staff at (415) 473-7223.
Phone: 415.945.3709Fax: 415.945.3766
Parcel Tax Coordinator
Erin Parling 415.945.3709