Important Information re:Saturday's PSAT/NMSQT at Drake (sent 10/16/19)
You are registered to take the PSAT/NMSQT this Saturday, October 19 at Drake. If you would like a hard copy of the Student Guide that College Board provides, please stop by the College & Career Center on Thursday or Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. The Student Guide has an overview of each section of the PSAT, sample questions, tips, etc. Here is a link to the electronic version of the Guide.
If you would like to know your classroom assignment before Saturday morning, feel free to stop by the hallway outside counseling at 1:55 pm on Friday. The assignments will not be available before 1:55 pm on Friday. The room you are assigned to is where you will take the PSAT on Saturday.
On the morning of the exam, be sure to arrive at 7:45 am and go to your assigned classroom. The test begins promptly at 8:00 am and late arrivals will not be admitted. Please note that all students will remain in the test rooms until everyone has completed the exam. For students taking the test with regular timing, you should be done around 11:30 or 11:45 am.
Before the test: Enjoy a nice dinner with your family and get a good night's sleep. Do NOT stay up late studying for this preliminary SAT. Get up in plenty of time to have a healthy breakfast.
On the test day, students should bring:
- Two No. 2 pencils with soft erasers; no pens or mechanical pencils
- Acceptable calculator (for the Math Test - Calculator portion of the test only)
- Student ID with photo
- For any student who uses an epinephrine auto injector (e.g. EpiPen), a clear bag for storing it under their desk during testing
- If you have College Board approval to use a calculator on the Math Test - No Calculator portion of the PSAT/NMSQT, bring a separate, basic, four-function calculator for this purpose (percentage and square-root functions are permitted)
- Also suggested items to bring include a watch that has no audible alarm or communications/recording capabilities; snacks and drinks (stored under desk during test); extra batteries and a backup calculator
- Electronic equipment, including phones of any kind; personal computing devices (laptops, notebooks, Bluetooth devices, or tablets); cameras; timers; audio players/recorders; wearable technology; digital watches, including smartwatches, that can be used to record, transmit, or receive information; or any other prohibited devices
- Highlighters, rulers, earplugs, dictionaries or other books, pens or mechanical/colored pencils, pamphlets and papers of any kind, including scratch paper
Please note that since over 3.5 million high school sophomores and juniors will be taking this national exam, your results will not be available until mid-December. I will email you when I receive your printed score reports in December.
If your plans have changed and you will not be taking the PSAT/NMSQT, there is no need to email me. Please note that we cannot give refunds.
Thanks and see you on Saturday.
College & Career Specialist
Sir Francis Drake High School
(415) 458-3481 - direct line